Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modulation
Hello,
unfortunately i received some "quite" modulation reports and were able to check it with a control receiver.
One source is the hand set, even with a speaker distance of 0cm modulation is very quite.
The same with convenient speaker distances with the built in mic. Only 0cm distance performs so far ok.

Is there the ability to adjust amplification of the Mic or handset or both, like an ALC?

vy73
Harald
DD0VS
Hi Harold,
I have a B1 and I've had access to 2 others since late 2019. The tx audio has been on the extreme low side for each unit. I'm unsure if there's a way to compensate for this issue as it presents on the B1's analog/DMR radio modes. However, on its V/ROIP software apps it's often possible to increase the mic gain via an adjustment provided in the particular app's settings area. For example, EchoLink and Zello provide such mic gain adjustments. The other thing we've noticed on the B1 is that the tx audio has been noticeably muffled and somewhat on the bassy side, especially compared to the tx audio from other devices. Please note though that maybe all B1s don't exhibit this muffled, bassy tx audio issue. And please note that while the voice audio that's passed isn't of optimal quality, it's still perfectly intelligible. It's also possible that it may have been coincidence that the 3 B1's we've tested demonstrated the same tx audio issues. Various other B1 users claim they've experienced no problems whatsoever with the tx audio from their B1s.

J Bell
Hello Jason,
tnx for reply.
I can not report a bassy frequency characteristic, at least not with my K3 control receiver and natural speech only.
Currently the handset mic is not usable due to low audio volume on receiver side.
The built in MIC can be used only if distance is nearly 0cm.
If there is no ALC at least a MIC gain adjustment in software may help.
vy73
Harald
(06-07-2020, 04:45 PM)There is a post on the Facebook group that is a bit strange about this but 2 replies to it seem to say the gain adjustment according to the OP actually works.  Hmm.  hold on I will find it and copy it here, I have not tried it myself so please let me know how it works for you.....Setting the Mike gain Wrote: Goto Settings/System/About Phone, scroll down to Custom build version.  Tap this 5 times fast and Tap  Phone Test. On the next page, Tap Intercom Test.  You will now see a keypad and at the bottom center there is a Gear icon. Tap the Gear icon and you will see a setting at the bottom of the screen called, Mic gain option.  Tap this to set your Level (1-9)  I have mine at 7.   

DISCLAIMER:  Be very careful with doing these instructions.  I am not responsible if you get in there and muck something up.
I advise you to get in once just to see things and get out and come back in to do the actual setting of the Mic Gain. The left arrow on the phone takes you back each page in the settings.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hello,
unfortunately i received some "quite" modulation reports and were able to check it with a control receiver.
One source is the hand set, even with a speaker distance of 0cm modulation is very quite.
The same with convenient speaker distances with the built in mic. Only 0cm distance performs so far ok.

Is there the ability to adjust amplification of the Mic or handset or both, like an ALC?

vy73
Harald
DD0VS

[quote pid="23" dateline="1591548319"]
Hello,

vy73
Harald
DD0VS

[/quote]

Hello,

vy73
Harald
DD0VS
[/quote]

Hello,

vy73
Harald
DD0VS
[/quote]
Mark Hilliard, N2HHR 
mark@markhilliardatelier.com
There is a beta with a mic gain slider on the Facebook group.