Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modulation
Hi Harold,
I have a B1 and I've had access to 2 others since late 2019. The tx audio has been on the extreme low side for each unit. I'm unsure if there's a way to compensate for this issue as it presents on the B1's analog/DMR radio modes. However, on its V/ROIP software apps it's often possible to increase the mic gain via an adjustment provided in the particular app's settings area. For example, EchoLink and Zello provide such mic gain adjustments. The other thing we've noticed on the B1 is that the tx audio has been noticeably muffled and somewhat on the bassy side, especially compared to the tx audio from other devices. Please note though that maybe all B1s don't exhibit this muffled, bassy tx audio issue. And please note that while the voice audio that's passed isn't of optimal quality, it's still perfectly intelligible. It's also possible that it may have been coincidence that the 3 B1's we've tested demonstrated the same tx audio issues. Various other B1 users claim they've experienced no problems whatsoever with the tx audio from their B1s.

J Bell

Messages In This Thread
Modulation - by dd0vs - 06-07-2020, 04:45 PM
RE: Modulation - by Jason Bell - 06-07-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: Modulation - by dd0vs - 06-08-2020, 06:59 AM
RE: Modulation - by N2HHR - 01-07-2021, 10:14 PM
RE: Modulation - by andytiedye - 03-06-2021, 08:33 PM