Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using the B1 with APRSdroid or ATAK
In the Military radio FB group it was posted on how the T.Rex Arms is out to link Android programs like ATAK or OSMAND to a radio.  They even discussed APRSdroid.

This is the video that discusses this.  Maybe we could get them onboard as well.
(14) Move, Shoot, and Communicate with ATAK (and alternatives) - YouTube
Who is familiar with ATAK? NETT Warrior? APRS? Any preppers out there? How can we turn GPS/data packets tactical? KD2UMT is getting quite familiar with this topic!
(01-16-2021, 05:58 AM)N9NWO Wrote: In the Military radio FB group it was posted on how the T.Rex Arms is out to link Android programs like ATAK or OSMAND to a radio.  They even discussed APRSdroid.

This is the video that discusses this.  Maybe we could get them onboard as well.
(14) Move, Shoot, and Communicate with ATAK (and alternatives) - YouTube
Who is familiar with ATAK? NETT Warrior? APRS? Any preppers out there? How can we turn GPS/data packets tactical? KD2UMT is getting quite familiar with this topic!

Hey there N9NWO!

I'm an ATAK user (I work in the security industry) and also I'm working on developing some stuff for it. In regards to using it with the RFinder off of cellular, that would require the RFinder supporting IP over DMR (not DMR over IP).

It's built into the protocol specification but not many people implement the full TCP/IP stack in it like Motorola does. It would also need to support broadcast traffic on top of that. Your best bet of using it with the device is over cellular with a server or vpn that allows broadcast traffic until further research/development is done.

You can definitely use things like APRSDroid with the RFinder though.