Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receive problems
Hello,

I purchased an RFinder B1 this week and have set everything up.  I am having an issue that makes no sense to me, I am hoping you can give me guidance.  

I noticed that I was receiving no activity whatsoever using a pistar hotspot.  I opened the dashboard and when I key up in talkgroups, I can see where I am transmitting, however, I hear no response even though I can see others answering.  Purely by accident I tapped the PTT key while someone was answering my CQ, the green light came on and I could hear them.  I then entered a conversation, but each time after transmitting, I had to tap the PTT to hear them.    Also, I am hearing nothing on repeaters that downloaded to my B1. Also, if I change from one TG to another, I will hear whoever is transmitting, but once they stop and another responds, I do NOT hear the responder and there is no activity again unless I tap the PTT.

Is there some type squelch setting that I am not seeing?  Have you heard of this happening before, can you help?
(01-23-2021, 04:51 PM)ecmckinley Wrote: Hello,

I purchased an RFinder B1 this week and have set everything up.  I am having an issue that makes no sense to me, I am hoping you can give me guidance.  

I noticed that I was receiving no activity whatsoever using a pistar hotspot.  I opened the dashboard and when I key up in talkgroups, I can see where I am transmitting, however, I hear no response even though I can see others answering.  Purely by accident I tapped the PTT key while someone was answering my CQ, the green light came on and I could hear them.  I then entered a conversation, but each time after transmitting, I had to tap the PTT to hear them.    Also, I am hearing nothing on repeaters that downloaded to my B1. Also, if I change from one TG to another, I will hear whoever is transmitting, but once they stop and another responds, I do NOT hear the responder and there is no activity again unless I tap the PTT.

Is there some type squelch setting that I am not seeing?  Have you heard of this happening before, can you help?
As long as you qualify my reply as a "good guess", I'll try to answer what I think is going on here. The radio has to be set to the same TG as the hotspot in order to rx/tx. I think by briefly going to PTT the B1 transmits what you have in your "call" field of the screen and aligns it with the hotspot. I get the same thing on my end. You might also try this neat trick that allows you to monitor several TGs at once, using the Promiscuous Mode (PM) feature on the B1. Go into your Brandmeister network account and under hotspots select your spot, and under static talkgroups enter several from your local region (mine typically start with 31). Then on the B1 enter TG 31 and put radio in PM. You "should be" able to hear any activity on all the TGs that begin with 31, or whatever the first couple numbers of the TGs you like to hang out. Mine are mostly the Montana TGs, but it gives me more options instead of listening to just one TG. Note, if you have a scanner capable of DMR, you'll hear all those TGs entered in static TG list all the time, one at a time. Good luck. Dave/K7GPS
I'm having the same or similar problem, using the RFinder HCP-1 Hotspot. I can see my transmit, then I can see the replies on the Dashboard and the green LED on the Radio, but NO sound...