Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
noob question RE: sim card
(01-24-2021, 02:21 AM)aslondon Wrote: I am a little unclear about getting a sim card to work with the B1.  I have an old iphone which I have taken out of service.  Do I need to reactivate it then pull the sim card out and put it in the B1 and keep the cell account active under the iphone label?  Or do I just rry to add a new line of service with no phone attached other than the B1 and ask verizon for a sim card?  I have a Galaxy Note 20 Ultra that I am keeping as my main number.  I'll use the B1 as a back-up phone.  

Thanks in advance.  My B1 should be here monday so it may become clearer at that point.

Al London
n4diy

Hi Al. I see you have some responses to this on the Rfinder B1 FB page, so will quickly re-iterate here. Re-activate the iPhone with a new number, then move the SIMM card to the B1. You may/may not need a SIMM card adaptor if it doesn't fit. You can buy those about anywhere. When you place the SIMM card in the B1 it will work. On the Verizon account home page it will not show a B1 icon, just blank icon and you can name it Rfinder B1 or whatever. Dave/K7GPS

Messages In This Thread
noob question RE: sim card - by aslondon - 01-24-2021, 02:21 AM
RE: noob question RE: sim card - by k7gps.dave - 01-25-2021, 01:52 PM
RE: noob question RE: sim card - by aslondon - 03-03-2021, 05:41 PM