Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to DMR and B1
Before I post this I want to thank you all for help ahead of time. I am new to DMR and the B1. I have had the radio for one week. No problem on the FM analog side. I am having problems on the DMR side. I have not been able to bring up a DMR repeater. I am not using a hotspot at this point. 
     How do I tell if a DMR repeater is functional ? Do I need to worry about talk groups or is there a general one that I need to use. Some are brandmiester  some not. Yes I have a DMR number it is in the radio. One of the locals suggested I need to register with brandmieast DMR. What general  DMR information or You tube do you recommend. I have see all of the you on the B1 that I have found. Thanks

KA8ZOO
Lancaster County Pa.
(07-02-2021, 06:59 PM)Pepper Wrote: Before I post this I want to thank you all for help ahead of time. I am new to DMR and the B1. I have had the radio for one week. No problem on the FM analog side. I am having problems on the DMR side. I have not been able to bring up a DMR repeater. I am not using a hotspot at this point. 
     How do I tell if a DMR repeater is functional ? Do I need to worry about talk groups or is there a general one that I need to use. Some are brandmiester  some not. Yes I have a DMR number it is in the radio. One of the locals suggested I need to register with brandmieast DMR. What general  DMR information or You tube do you recommend. I have see all of the you on the B1 that I have found. Thanks

KA8ZOO
Lancaster County Pa.

Please from anyone on the Rf Finder group. Did my original post get posted ? Surprised no responses.
Go to brandmeister.network and start at the Dashboard. Register (if you haven't done so). Also, make sure you create a Hotspot password as well as you need it to use the B1 on DMRoIP. Stupid question, but have you obtained a DMR i.d.?
(07-11-2021, 04:39 PM)AB4KA Wrote: Go to brandmeister.network and start at the Dashboard.  Register (if you haven't done so).  Also, make sure you create a Hotspot password as well as you need it to use the B1 on DMRoIP.  Stupid question, but have you obtained a DMR i.d.?

Yes I have a DMR Id. It is in the B1. I have joined Brandmeister and have created a password. I am not using a Hotspot. Where does the Hotspot password go once I create it ?  Thank you for your help.
(07-11-2021, 08:26 PM)Pepper Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 04:39 PM)AB4KA Wrote: Go to brandmeister.network and start at the Dashboard.  Register (if you haven't done so).  Also, make sure you create a Hotspot password as well as you need it to use the B1 on DMRoIP.  Stupid question, but have you obtained a DMR i.d.?

Yes I have a DMR Id. It is in the B1. I have joined Brandmeister and have created a password. I am not using a Hotspot. Where does the Hotspot password go once I create it ?  Thank you for your help.

I know it's on the dashboard under self care or something but I don't remember exactly where...I kind of fumbled my way through it.  BM sees your RFinder as a hotspot so that's why you need a hotspot password as well as a BM password.  There was a post about it on the Facebook group a couple of months ago.  It's there somewhere lol